Bottle gourd Healthy Recipe:
Bottle gourd is a healthy vegetable that is rich in vitamin B, C, K, & calcium. The antioxidant nature of this herb remove toxins from the body. It is rich in iron, potassium, sodium, riboflavin, magnesium, manganese, & other essential minerals. This herb cleans the digestive system & makes easy bowel movements. The use of this herb maintains healthy functioning of heart, lowers down high cholesterol levels, & blood pressure.
1) Recipe no 1 (Bottle gourd soup)
a) 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds & coriander seeds.
b) 1/3 cup of chopped onions.
c) 1 clove of Garlic.
d) 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
e) 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour.
f) 2 cups of cubed bottle gourd.
g) 1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock.
h)1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
i) Coriander leaves.
j) 1/4 teaspoon of Garam masala prepared at home.
k) Salt to taste.
Method of preparation:
a) On medium heat put pressure cooker add olive oil in it.
b) Add cumin & coriander seeds in it. Saute this for one minute.
c) Put onion and garlic in it, add salt as per taste. Cook onions till it turn pink & translucent.
d) Add whole wheat flour & chopped bottle gourd in it.
e) After that add water or vegetable broth in this mixture.
f) Put coriander leaves, cover the pressure cooker, cook it for 2 to 3 whistles.
g) When the pressure go down open the lid itself.
h) Blend this mixture prepare a smooth puree, & pour back into the cooker.
i) Your fresh bottle gourd soup is prepared, add black pepper, & garam masala in it.
j) Stir well & serve this healthy soup.
2) Recipe no 2 (Bottle gourd Burfi)
a) 4 cups of Bottle gourd.
b) 4 tablespoons of Ghee.
c) 1 cup of Khoya (mawa).
d) 2 1/2 cup of milk.
e) 3/4 cup of sugar.
f) 1/4 cup of Cashew nuts.
g) 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom seeds powder.
h) 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.
i) 1 teaspoon rose water.
Method of preparation:
1) On a medium flame put a pan & heat 2 tablespoons of ghee.
2) Add grated bottle gourd & saute this till it is soft.
3) Add milk in it, simmer till the milk is evaporated.
4) Mix remaining ghee & cook it for a minute.
5) After that add khoya, cook it till gets melted.
6) Mix sugar and cardamom powder in it. When the sugar melts, stir, & cook till it becomes thick.
7) Pour the mixture in a greased tray & spread evenly.
8) Now sprinkle almonds & press it to stick the burfi mixture.
9) Cover this for few hours & cut it into small pieces.